I’tikaaf will begin 26th May 2019
Please note that the Mu’takif (the one who observes I’tikaf) will enter the masjid before sunset of the 20th day of Ramadan
I’tikaaf mashwera will take place on : SATURDAY 25th MAY after Zohr 1pm
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:
“He who observes the ten days Itikaf during Ramadan will obtain the reward of two Hajj and two Umrah.” (Bayhaqi)
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said in a hadith:
“Whosoever for Allah’s sake did even one days Itikaf, Allah would keep him away from Jahannam by trenches.” (Tabarani)
We are honoured to host you at Masjid Ibrahim, please respect these guidelines and any additional constraints required by the Masjid administration in order to have a serene, secure, and spiritual I’tikaf
- The registration form below must be filled out
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or older to be eligible to participate in I’tikaf.
- Any child / youth under 21 years will not be allowed to stay overnight in the Masjid and that child / youth will be asked to leave the premises.
- No one other than registered individuals in I’tikaf will be allowed in the designated areas for I’tikaf. The Classrooms are NOT to be used for sleeping / eating / gathering purposes. Any individual / group found to be in the rooms will be asked to leave.
- Only one piece of luggage per person in the masjid.
- There will be no food and drinks allowed in the masjid. Only water in securely capped bottles and containers is allowed. No open cups or containers.
- Meals arrangements: Suhur, Iftaar, and meals after Maghrib salah will be provided, in the designated area of the Masjid.
Cost per person: Full 10 days $100, up to 5 days $50
Suhur Time: 4:30am to 5:30am After Maghrib: 6pm to 6:45pm After isha, light snacks will be served. All individuals are required to assist in setting up, clearing the meals area, teams will be formed
- NO PERSONAL WARMERS, HEATERS, COOKERS,WIFI devices etc. WILL BE ALLOWED.
- From Fajr to Maghrib, all sleeping bags must be towards the back of the masjid, or in the itikaaf glass section, and by Maghrib prayers all items MUST be in the left hand corner of the Masjid, behind the curtains, and along the wall
- Lights will be turned off/dimmed for sleeping after Fajr. Please be considerate and do not disturb others who wish to rest by being quiet.
- There will be a quiet time after Taraweeh until Fajr set aside for individual `ibadah and sleeping.
- Participants are not required to sleep, but must remain quiet. Any halaqat or study sessions have to be carried out during the day time. Note that I’tikaf is a personal and not a group endeavour. An individual’s need for quiet time will supersede a group’s need to talk or hold halaqat. Any group qiyam activity must be approved by the committee, or pre-arranged.
- Those listening to Quran recitation must use an ear-piece or head phones. Mobile phones will only be allowed for emergency use, and must be in silent mode throughout the duration of I’tikaf.
- All participants must keep the masjid area clean, including bathroom / wudhu facilities.
- Everyone is requested to respect other participants, regardless of age, and make extra effort to make the I’tikaf a good experience for all.
- Parking Arrangements – Please arrange for someone to drop you off on Sunday, as we have limited parking facility. If for any reason you are require to bring your vehicle, Parking is allocated in the NEXT door property, towards the back of the block.
- Gate closure: Main masjid gates will be closed at 12am, no one will be allowed to enter the Masjid, and reopen at 4am, security guard will be on patrol from 12am to 6am
Please bring with you items such as sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, toiletries etc.) Masjid will not be providing any of these resources.
Failure to comply with these rules and regulations can and will result in actions resulting to being asked to leave the premises; we strongly suggest for all the brothers cooperate with the Administration.
May Allah (swt) accept our fasting, prayers, and other good deeds in this blessed month.